My Blog List

Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's Halloween, the lamp is lit..........

Flash on!



Happy Halloween to all of you out in blog land. 

Flash off!



Bye, Bye Machine Shed - This is what the site looked like after CAT and I tore down the machine shed structure on Saturday, in the rain.


We had a slight snowfall Sunday morning and I couldnt resist taking a picture of our little barn with the snow on the roof.  I can only imagine how it will look once that sagging end piece is gone and it has a nice new metal roof and is sitting snugly on our property.  I knowyou are probably sick of seeing the barn in photos but I cant help myself lol.



This is what was left by Sunday at 3:00.  We couldnt stay too late because we had to get home for the Trick or Treaters.  It may not seem as though much changed but the large metal roof sections take time to tear apart.  We were able to disassemble more than half of the roof plus we had a nice visit from the neighbour as well who gave us a bit of history about some of the old antique farm pieces hanging around and other local history - very interesting.

The familiar shot from the road but now there is no machine shed blocking the view of our barn (well almost no machine shed lol)

These are Sandhill Cranes which CAT and I have been hearing but never seeing.  As we were pulling out I noticed them out in the field.  Very exotic.

Well thats all folks for another week.  We are almost done all that we can do by hand and are very close to actually working on our barn so stay tuned.  As usual your comments are welcome and appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. You changed your blog template! I like it. And snow! Wow, I can't believe tomorrow is November 1st. The demolition shots look great and I especially love the one of the Cranes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh, yes I did change it for a more fall look. Can you believe snow already. I don't mind it so much at this time of year (it's actually quite pretty at first lol) but come January I'm usually so sick of winter. We can get oodles of snow and -30 degree celcius winters so they tend to drag on and on whereas our summers fly by like greased lightening. Aren't the Cranes neat? We kept hearing them but couldn't see them, we have bunches of Canadian Geese flying through as well right now but the Cranes sound completely different. It was great to finally get a look at them. They were way out in the field but the zoom on the camera brought them in pretty well. Thanks again for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ron. It's great to have a new follower. I will definitely check out your blog. Thanks for the invite, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I was doing a net search of the song "Its Hallowe'en and the lamp is lit" and your website came up. I'm just curious to know where you are located as this song is always sung to me by my Dad. I've found that no one else knows this song where I live so I'm trying to track the origins. Are you in Eastern Ontario or Us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with that song as well. I think we learned it in grade school music class along with songs like 5 Little Pumpkins - that would have been the mid 1970's in the Niagara region of Ontario. I can't find the origin of it other than a mention that it was written by a Words and Music By: Mrs. E. Robb (possibly incorrect).

      Delete