|CAT cutting down the trees around the last section of barn|
We started the day on Saturday by removing the trees around the last sections of collapsed roof. Once the trees were gone I was able to take a pic of that section that shows a few trees holding up not only the side of the old barn but also the roof. Very scary.
|A view of the underside of roof section being held up by trees.|
CAT, yet again, went right at the metal roof which is very difficult to get off in spite of the age of the barn. You can see the pile of boards at the end of the roof line which are my job to move to the trailer and de-nail and also the one piece of metal roof which I should be moving to the metal pile. (I was just taking a little photo op break)
|CAT removing pieces of metal roofing|
This is what the site looked like by the end of Saturday. It was just CAT and I on Saturday so we were happy with what we managed to do.
|The site at the end of Saturday|
And this is what the site looked like by the end of Sunday. You can now see the neighbour's farm in the background and everything from that side of the barn is on the ground except for a small section of the roof which we have to piece down because it is caught on the tree underneath. I'm not sure if you can see it from these photos but there was one section of post and beam on the right that was on quite a lean there and we now have that ground level which has made a huge difference visually and also for safety. I can't wait to get out there next weekend to do more. I'm an addict. I'm also showing a pic of our beam pile which is growing steadily. These are big beams that are too long to fit in the trailer. Stay tuned for more updates. I hope these barn posts aren't getting too repetitive for you all. I welcome any comments in the comment section.
|The site at the end of Sunday|
|Our ever expanding post and beam pile waiting for the logging truck to come pick it up|